So, you have traveled a long way and reached your desired destination to relax and have fun. But suddenly, you found ants crawling up your bed covers or residing in large groups in your kitchen cabinets. Believe me, if you don’t do anything about it, soon they’ll be seen everywhere and it will get too hard to stop them. There are many types of ants including flying ant, carpenter ant, pavement ant, bullet ant, fire ant, pharaoh ant and so on, and they all are equally annoying.
How to Get Rid of Ants
Consider the following tips to learn how to get rid of ants by using natural products:
12 Tips to Remove Ants
- White vinegar: It’s one of the most effective ingredients that help control ants. Just spray or simply spread the vinegar in the affected areas and ants will run away in no time.
- Cucumber: Ants don’t appreciate cucumber much; put cucumber pieces in affected areas and ants will abandon it quickly.
- Soap water spray: Prepare a concentrated soap water mixture and spray it in areas which are entry points for the ants. This tip can be used to protect cabinets from ant’s invasion.
- Lemons: Sprinkle lemon juice in entry points and effected areas too. You can also put thin lemon slices along with the juice. It acts as insecticide.
- Mint leaves: Crush some dried mint leaves and sprinkle them on areas where ants are found. This will solve the problem permanently.
- Adhesive tape: Surround the affected areas with adhesive tape with sticky side up, and ants will never be able to cross that sticky boundary. This is a funny yet an effective tip.
- Salt solution: Add salt to boiling water to prepare a concentrated salt solution. Now use it in affected areas.
- Cinnamon powder: Sprinkle it on the track routes of ants and they will soon leave your house.
- Chili powder: Sprinkle chili powder on the hives of the ants to get rid of them permanently.
- Chalk: Ants don’t like calcium carbonate. You can draw lines of chalk along their routes and even sprinkle it in their hives and entry points. This is useful in protecting garden plants from ants.
11-Talcum powder: Talcum powder is a useful ant repellent. Sprinkle it in doors, windows and other entry points to stop ants from crossing in.
12-Pepper: Sprinkle some pepper in areas where ants come looking for sugar and they’ll be discouraged to pay another visit.
I hope these are sufficient tips on how to get rid of ants naturally. However, if all these tips don’t work, you must get in touch with pest control experts. If you are living in a damp area, chances are you might also be facing bed begs, spiders wasps, and rodents. Only an expert pest control company can save you from them without harming the environment.